Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tomorrow's Song - Jon Foreman's Twitter Contest

Been a long time since I've posted anything. But a twitter suggestion from Jon Foreman set something off in my head. Here's my entry for the "Tomorrow's Song" twitter contest. I'll edit this and post a video with the song when I get one ready.


Tomorrow's Song
Marcus Hong
I set out to find tomorrow’s song
Searched the skies for a melody
Pounded the earth like a hollow drum
Scoured the length of the seven seas
Left each day at the rising sun
Didn’t return til the stars were high
Bone-weary with a wicked limp
Heart as tired as my pockets dry
So it went for a week or two
Then the weeks stretched into months
The months, they slowly turned to years
And I hadn’t seen it even once
One night my wife sat down and said
“This life ain’t temporary time,
We spend our days in future tense,
But have we missed what’s really fine?
Her words set off a thousand sparks
Lit my soul like the world’s first dawn
I’d wasted all my yesterdays
Looking for tomorrow’s song
I went to bed, my heart ablaze
Woke up ready with a tune to hum
Spent the whole day with my wife
Sang together til the day was done
I set out to find tomorrow’s song
Searched the skies for a melody
Pounded the earth like a hollow drum
Found the song right next to me
(c) 2011 – Marcus Hong

No comments: