Thursday, July 14, 2011

Redesign

Greetings, faithful readers! 
You may have noticed several changes to this blog. 

First, the address is different. What used to be marchon2884.blogspot.com is now puddleglumpilgrim.blogspot.com. Why? I though marchon2884 was sort of boring for a website name. It didn't really descibe the blog's contents. The blog itself used to be called "there is no fear in love," which is a striking name, but does not reflect the fullness of what I want this blog to be.


The name puddleglumpilgrim captures both my playful, mysterious and fantastical side and my theological-philosophical side. To find out more about the philosophy behind this blog and the reason behind the name, check out the About The Blog section.

Second, I've added a few pages and cleaned up the place. More pages will be added soon, including a place where I post old and new sermons, poems and other writing pieces. The blog itself will remain the central location for general thoughts and ponderings.

I wanted the reconstructed purpose of the blog to be matched by the blog's design. My former design was dark and ponderous. I wanted the blog to be more ethereal, clean, searching, and fantastical. The color scheme was based on the picture of Puddleglum in the blog header. This picture is a re-colored version of an original illustration by Pauline Baynes.

Expect more here soon.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: