Friday, February 12, 2016

LENT 2016 - TEACHING COMMUNITY - INDEX

I've been wanting to blog read a book during Lent, like I did last year with James Cone's CROSS AND THE LYNCHING TREE. Here's this year's choice:

bell hooks, TEACHING COMMUNITY: A PEDAGOGY OF HOPE.

Here's the reading schedule:

Friday, Feb. 12 - Preface

Tuesday, Feb. 16 – Teach 1 and 2

Friday, Feb. 19 – Teach 3

Tuesday, Feb. 23 – Teach 4

Friday, Feb. 26 – Teach 5

Tuesday, Mar. 1 – Teach 6

Friday, Mar. 4 – Teach 7 and 8

Tuesday, Mar. 8 – Teach 9

Friday, Mar. 11 – Teach 10 and 11

Tuesday, Mar. 15 – Teach 12

Friday, Mar. 18 – Teach 13 and 14

Tuesday, Mar. 22 – Teach 15

Friday, Mar. 25 – Teach 16

I've read select chapters from this book before and I am going to be engaging with some of hooks' writing for my dissertation. I have a feeling that this book is vital not just for me, but for our time. hooks is very readable, but that does not mean the reading will be easy. She continually challenges me. This is a good thing.

Join me!

No comments: